Learning English. Learn English with an English Vocabulary Phrase Lesson:How Often.
- A: How often do you work out*?
- B: Every day.
*work out = physical exercise, especially in a gym or fitness club, but also can include any exercise. "I had a great workout at the swimming pool this morning."
How often = questions can be answered in many ways.
- Every day (second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, etc.)
- Every second day
- Every week
- Every month
- Every six months
- Every year
- Once a day (a second, a minute, an hours, a week/a month/a year, etc.)
- Twice a day
- Three times a day
- Four times a day
In descending order of frequency
- From time to time
- Most of the time
- Most weekdays
- Most evenings
- Most Mondays
About or around is used if you don't want to be exact, or can't give an exact number.
- How often do you go skiing?
- About 6 times a year
- How often do you go shopping?
- Around twice a week
Answer the following questions:
- How often do you work out?
- How often do you surf the net*.
- How often do you play computer games*?
Note: the plural is used because this is a generality. It is almost always used when speaking about computer games NOT computer game. So, don't say, I like computer game-say, I like computer games. If you use the name of the computer game, just put the name.
Now ask your keypal these questions!
- How often do you play Warcraft?
- How often do you get angry? Why do you usually get angry?
- How often do you lie? What do you usually lie about?
- How often do you worry?
- How often do you meditate?
- How often do you scream?
- How often do you read labels?
Join our E-mail list, and be the first to get new ESL lessons, Korea jobs info, and study English in Canada info. Fill in the form below:
We know you don't like spam, we don't like it either. if you choose to be on our email list by signing up above, we will contact you from time to time with our site related announcements. You will always have the option to unsubscribe. Thank you.